Minimum of 10 to 15 years experience in the mining and metals industry
Professional qualifications ideally process or mechanical discipline. While not essential a business/finance related MBA would be highly regarded
P.Eng and PMP certification
Study management experience preferable
Operations experience ideal especially in precious and/or base metals
Positive and confident individual who is able to communicate effectively with mining clients, vendors and consultants
5 to 10 years experience in a technical engineering discipline such as Process, Mechanical, Civil, Structural, or Electrical.
Prior on-site construction management or operational experience in a heavy industrial setting, or an interest in immediate site assignments of this nature.
An exposure to cost control, earned value measurement, project planning and scheduling.
Experience in scope definition and rendering practices for technical work packages.
University degree in a relevant discipline such as Chemical Engineering, Engineering Chemistry, Mechanical, or Mineral Processing.
Minimum of 2 years site operational experience in an active mineral processing plant.
Experience in testwork program definition, management, and flowsheet development.
Experience in process controls system design.
Experience preparing CAPEX and OPEX estimates from first principals.
Experience in project economic evaluations and financial modeling an asset.
Experience in the commissioning and ramp-up of mineral processing facilities.
University degree or post-graduate qualification in Mine Engineering
Minimum of 10 years experience in mine engineering with a specific focus on preparing long and medium range mining schedules that support strategic mine plans
Past experience acting as the mining lead on larger studies and projects, including maintaining an understanding of applicable regulatory requirements including NI 43-101 and the CIM Standards
Creation, development and assessment of open pit and underground mine plans for the safe and efficient extraction of ore that will include methods, designs, scheduling, materials handling, costing, and all other activities associated with mining systems
Experience with Mine planning software suite such as Deswik, Minesight or Vulcan
CO-OP Mining Engineer
CO-OP MINING ENGINEERING INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist Optimize Group technical services team to perform mining engineering work.
• Develop underground and open pit mine plans, including: Mine Method Selection, Mine Design, Mine Sequence & Schedule, Mine Ventilation Plans, Fleet Selection
• Assist the development of life of mine plans prepared by Optimize Group staff.
• Support due diligence reviews and the drafting of PEA studies and NI 43-101 Technical Reports.
• Provide technical operational support to the mining and technical services departments at various Optimize Group locations in the world
• Participate in the development of new mining processes and procedures. The objective being to develop innovative solutions to improve the company deliverables to clients.
• Any other duties as assigned.
CO-OP MINING ENGINEERING INTERN SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor’s degree of Mining Engineering in progress
• Mining Planning software and planning tools knowledge is an asset. (Vulcan, Deswik or Datamine)
• Strong skills in MS Office and database software
• Detail oriented and able to follow and maintain accurate, detailed documentation and policies
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work effectively with minimal supervision
• Comfortable working in multidisciplinary team
• Fluent in English
• Second language desirable, Portuguese, Spanish and French preferred.
CALL US TO OPTIMIZE YOUR DAY.
133 Richmond Street West, Suite 602, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H2L3
324 Queen Street , Level 23A, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 4000
1.465 Paraiba Street, Suite 1001, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil, CEP 30.130.148
Tel: (647) 621-5683 Email: email@example.com
© 2020 Optimize Group Inc.